Thursday 3 November 2016

How i Filmed my Prelim

How i Filmed my Prelim

When i first started editing the prelim, I began by naming each clip to what they shots they were filmed at for organisation purposes so i didn't have to repeat going back to edit clips and not knowing what angles they were. e.g. if it contained a wide shot of a character, I would name it "Wide shot". 

A problem I noticed whilst editing the prelim was the difference in sound of some clips. This was something that i wasn't technically able to do so the prelim was at fault for this. As time advances, i can amend the prelim so the volume is better quality and the same sound for all the scenes. 

In order to produce what the script sheet required of certain lines of dialogue in certain angles, i had to keep cropping most of the footage so it fitted with the requirements. This took a lot of time and patience as i only needed a few seconds of each scene and it was hard to crop it perfectly so i had only relevant footage. 

I put in a wide range of camera angles in my prelim, including close ups, medium close ups, wide shots, low angle  and over the shoulder shots

I discarded the high angle looking down shot as it wasn't necessary because it wasn't in the dialogue of what we had to include as well as not being advanced enough to keep to the 180 degree rule. 

Editing the prelim was challenging at first because i had never done it before and all the tools were new to me however i got used to it after a while and then it became simple and enjoyable. The hardest part of the process was the initial editing stage as it was all new to me and i was a bit lost. 

The 180-degree rule was easy to keep to because we only filmed the protagonists on one side during each scene. e.g, Hannah was shot on the left side whilst Mia would only be shot on their right hand side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment